Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day Five (April 16, 2009)

Not a whole lot happened today. Molly and I started out our day by going to the Grand Palais and going to that Andy Warhol exhibit. It was amazing. I didn't really realize the number of famous people he portrayed. I also didn't realize that he was a commissioned portrait artist. I really do love modern art like that, bright colors and no necessarily clean lines. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take pictures in the exhibit, It would have been great to take pictures of Marilyn Monroe, or Jackie, or Judy Garland. Those were my favorite portraits he did. Once we finished the exhibit we ended up at McDonald's for a cheap meal. After our meal we got McFlurries and walked down and people watched at the Arc de Triomphe again. Molly and I started to wonder how many people's pictures we ended up in. I decided that my favorite was when we were eating crepes at the cafe by Notre Dame an Asian woman stopped and blatantly just took a picture of us and then continued walking. It was pretty funny. Now back to today. It started to rain so we made our way back to the hostel to get our luggage and go to the train station. The train ride was very relaxing and I even took a nap on the way to Brussels. Once we got to Brussels we grabbed our Metro and then had to search for our hostel, which took us a while to find. Once we got there it was like a hotel, I actually think that we may be staying in the hotel portion. We have a private room and it is exactly like a hotel room. Even if we were in the hostel portion it still would have been the nicest hostel I had ever been in. Tomorrow we are going to go to the Comic Museum because Belgium and Brussels is where the comic was born. We are also going to look up information on the Chocolate Museum because for some reason none of the maps or brochures we grabbed even mentioned it. We can get free internet at the tourist office so we are going there tomorrow (we paid for it at the hostel to email home).

No comments:

Post a Comment